Our Statement of Faith
1. That the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God. It is the only true standard for the believer's life and practice.
2. That there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the humanity and deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and hold to the truth of the biblical account concerning His virgin birth and His sinless life, His teachings and the miracles He performed during His ministry on earth, and His vicarious and atoning death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His imminent and personal return in power and in glory.
4. That man and woman were created in the image of God, that they were tempted by Satan and fell, and that the Bible clearly teaches that all have sinned and thus have become sinful; that repentance toward God, faith in Jesus Christ, and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit are absolutely necessary for salvation.
5. We believe that it is the will of God for each believer to be sanctified through identification with Jesus Christ in His death and resurrection and, through the agency of the Holy Spirit, be separated from the world of sin and fully consecrated to the will of God, and thereby, receive power for holy living and effective service.
6. That all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are still available for the edification of God's people and for the purpose of making them effective witnesses in today's world.
7. We believe in prayer for the sick in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ as set forth in Mark 16:15-18; James 5:15; John 16:24.
8. We believe in that "blessed hope", the personal return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, each in his order: the saints unto the resurrection of life, the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
9. That all believers should live lives of faith and wholehearted consecration to Christ and His Gospel, give themselves continually to prayer and intercession, and fulfill the Great Commission to go into the world and make disciples of all nations. We believe that the power of God is sufficient to meet every need.
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Note: AABS also heartily endorses "The Lausanne Covenant", an excellent statement of faith produced in 1974 during a gathering of Christian believers from over 150 countries. We encourage you to search online and read this statement.